Israeli-American Council (IAC)
About the IAC
The Israeli-American Council is one of Shevet Chen’s sponsors and has been a financial backer of Shevet Chen for several years. In addition, the activities of Shevet Chen take place at the IAC Shepher Community Center.
The mission of the Israeli-American Council (IAC) is to build an engaged and united Israeli-American community that strengthens the Israeli and Jewish identity of our next generation, the American Jewish community, and the bond between the peoples of the United States and the state of Israel.
Over half a million Israeli-Americans live in the United States today. As a vital component of American society, they play a major role in social activism, academia, culture, and innovation. The Israeli-American Council (IAC) is the largest Israeli-American organization in the United States, serving this vibrant sector of American society. The IAC’s effectiveness and success are the direct results of its ability to organize, activate, and engage the Israeli-American community nationwide. The IAC strives to achieve these goals through programs and events for all ages, as well as by empowering and sponsoring a wide array of non-profit organizations within the Israeli-American community.
- Encourage a culture of giving, activism, and connection to Israel through personal examples of community involvement.Connect the next generation to the community, their Jewish identity, the Hebrew language, and the State of Israel.
- Connect the next generation to the community, their Jewish identity, the Hebrew language, and the State of Israel.Translate the Israeli-American community’s needs, desires, and values into action and a strong and influential voice.
- Foster active support of initiatives that further Israel’s welfare, security, education and its relations with the United States.Strengthen the relationships between the Israeli-American community and the Israeli community in Israel.
- Translate the Israeli-American community’s needs, desires, and values into action and a strong and influential voice.
- Serve as a professional and financial resource for initiatives that support the Israeli-American community with strong connections to Israel, now and in the future.
- Strengthen the relationships between the Israeli-American community and the Israeli community in Israel.
- Build bridges between the Israeli-American and Jewish American communities in the United States.