Machane Kaitz – Summer Camp
This year, Shevet Chen will be joining Shevet Kfir, Shevet Harel and Shevet Tapuz troops from the South Western region of the US, come together for 4 amazing days of Summer Camp – 4 days full of fun activities, competitions, games and tzofiut (scouting) at camp Ramah in Ojai, CA.
The camp is equipped with cabins and tents that are furnished with bunk beds and mattresses. The camp is also equipped with a mess hall, where we will enjoy 3 meals each day.
Some important notes:
• There will be no additional pickups. All Chanichim are required to arrive to camp with the buses picking up the entire troop.
• The kitchen is a kosher kitchen and there will be accommodations for anyone with food allergies (lactose intolerance, gluten free etc.)
• If there are dietary concerns, please make sure to update your child’s profile during the registration. Please make sure to let us know of any allergies / sensitivities (if you have not already).
• The camp is strictly NUT-FREE. This includes all types of nuts. Please do not send any snacks that contain nuts (Snickers, Reese’s Pieces, Bamba etc.)
• The will be absolutely no visitation to the camp. As in previous years, parents attempting to visit the camp will not be allowed to enter the camp and will be turned back.
• There is little to no reception at camp. Please do not be alarmed if you do not hear from your children during the course of the weekend.
• In order to maximize the experience for all participants – we highly recommend leaving cellphones, other electronic gadgets and valuables at home.
• Please make sure to label all personal articles – including clothing.
• Important: There will be an activity at and in the swimming pool. If you have any concerns about you child’s ability to swim, please let Danni know.